Here is our fifth wish in respect to missing attributes of an human task. Depending on the culture of a company or the importance of a workflow item the user may be or not possible to call several functions, e.g.:
- put the task into the resubmission tray until a defined date
- show the process history for checking the prior performers may be to call one
- show the process diagramm to knowing in which context the work has to be done
- declare to be not responsible, so the owner should get the item to decide who should do the work
- delegate the task to another colleague, because he did such cases often. Here the selection of another user should be restricted to one of the same group the item was initially sent to.
Because these attributes are missing in BPMN 2.0 we asked Signavio to offer them within their Process Editor as well as other missing SAPERION relevant attributes as shown in the following graphic:
After deploying the process diagramm from Signavio to SAPERION these special attributes are delivered within an extra tag-sector in the BPMN 2.0 XML-file and our transformer is mapping them to the corresponding SAPERION Workflow attribute.
Shure, not every context menu item may make sense to be part of the BPMN standardisation. But for supporting human-centric processes there is a need to think about how to control the behavior of a single human task.
Do you know other menu items or functionality which should be offered to an user?